If you have research interests in the Quinte area, or live in the area and enjoy interacting with other genealogists (many of our local members have interests worldwide), join with almost 300 other branch members for:
- four digital issues per year of The Quinte Searchlight, our quarterly newsletter
- four research queries per year in The Quinte Searchlight
- discount of $10 off first hour of research (per year)
- nine branch meetings per year with guest speakers, fellowship, book table, and refreshments
- annual Crouse-Wanamaker Lecture (January)
- sharing of information and research experiences with other members
- an opportunity to volunteer and participate in a variety of interesting activities, including cemetery transcribing and indexing
Membership in the Quinte Branch is just $10.00, in addition to full membership in the Ontario Genealogical Society. Please see Link Here for further information.
To become a member of the Quinte Branch and the OGS you can complete your online Membership Request using the secure server at the Ontario Genealogical Society website.
Membership Benefits in the Ontario Genealogical Society, with 34 Branches and SIGs in Ontario includes:
- OGS is the portal through which you can join any number of our 34 Branches and Special Interest Groups in order to take advantage of the materials that have been indexed or digitized for geographical regions of Ontario, and to research areas of special interest. Some Branches and SIGs have a Member’s Only section of their website in which many genealogical treasures reside. Branches/SIGs may offer members of OGS reduced rates for research and involvement in education programs. Each Branch/SIG has a small additional membership fee.
- Receive our quarterly journal Families, providing an outlet for genealogical writing with an Ontario focus, as well as interesting articles about family history innovations and pursuits, and opportunities for researchers to solicit help with their genealogical brick walls.
- Receive our quarterly NewsLeaf which provides current information in the field of genealogy and information about Society events.
- Attend our live Genealogy Webinars (Available to the Public & Members), or access the archived versions at your convenience (Available only to Members).
- Get a member’s reduced registration cost to attend our Annual Conference with over 40 lectures and workshops to hone your skills. OGS members also receive “member rates” to attend other genealogy conferences.
- Get access to the Members Only section of the website with access to more databases or collections; searchable digital copies of Families from 1962 to the present; recordings of past webinars, and much more.
- Many, many more benefits too numerous to list here. Please click here to review ALL the current benefits.
Page updated: January 2022
Copyright © 2006-2022, Quinte Branch, Ontario Genealogical Society, All Rights Reserved